> > Taking this off the list as it's no longer on topic.

not totally -- I'm going to add my thoughts:

1) If you want a smoother transition between server-side Python and
in-browser code, maybe you're  better off using one of the "python in the
browser" solutions -- there are at least a few viable ones.

2) a javascript "object" is quite a different beast than a pyton dict,
dispite similar syntax for a literal. Making the literals even more similar
would simpily add confusion.

a JS object is a bit more like a types.SimpleNamespace in python, actually.

Making Python look a bit more like JS is NOT a good goal!

-CHB

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

chris.bar...@noaa.gov