Am 01.08.2013 18:02, schrieb cool1...@gmail.com:
I know I should be testing out the script myself but I did, I tried
and since I am new in python and I work for a security firm that ask
me to scan hundreds of documents a day for unsafe links (by opening
them) I thought writing a script will be much easier. I do not know
how to combine those three scripts together (the ones I wrote in my
previous replay) that is why I cam to here for help. please help me
build a working script that will do the job.

This first option is to hire a programmer, which should give you the quickest results. If the most important thing is getting the job done, then this should be your #1 approach.

Now, if you really want to do it yourself, you will have to do some learning yourself. Start with http://docs.python.org, which includes tutorials, references and a bunch of other links, in particular go through the tutorials. Make sure you pick the documentation corresponding to your Python version though, versions 2 and 3 are subtly different!

Then, read http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html. This is a a bit metatopical but still important, and while this doesn't make you a programmer in an afternoon, it will help you understand various reactions you received here.

hope that gets you started

Uli