On Saturday, June 28, 2014 8:58:04 AM UTC+5:30, Michael Torrie wrote:
> On 06/27/2014 09:06 PM, CM wrote:
> > On Friday, June 27, 2014 7:44:39 PM UTC-4, Paul Sokolovsky wrote:
> >> Yes, you can. So, please try that, and report
> >> how that went. We're eager to know how that would
> >> go very much. But unlike you, we don't have need
> >> to transform wxPython GUI application in Python into
> >> an executable. So, you are in the best position to
> >> answer your question.
> > I downloaded and installed Nuitka 0.5.2 for Windows,
> > but it seems like the entirety of the instructions
> > for what I want to do, as shown on the Docs web page,
> > is this:
> >     nuitka --recurse-all program.py
> > I would need more help than that to try this. I've
> > never even used MinGW, for example.

> I presume you can learn the same way many of us learn. But reading up on
> it and trying things out.  I bet there's even a MinGW list.  Really it's
> standard command-line stuff. Learn how to use a unix command line and
> you'll be able to grasp it all rather easily I think.  Good luck.

Have you tried it?

I tried it a few months back... it turned out that its not one (turnkey)
solution but a whole setup in which dozens (hundreds?) of
programs need to be selected (like in synaptic) almost like setting
a full-scale linux box from scratch.

Then after that there is the wrestling with library paths...

In the end I found setting up ming in linux with apt and trying out the results
in wine was less taxing.

[Of course I freely admit that linux is generally less taxing (to ME) than
windows]