Il 18/10/2016 09:42, Mark Summerfield ha scritto:
PySide/PyQt

On Windows I use Python 3.4 + PySide 1.2.4 (Qt 4.8). I have found this
very reliable and use it for both my personal projects and for my
commercial products. I don't use a GUI design tool but you could use Qt
Designer to visually draw your GUI since PySide can read the .ui files it
outputs.

Eventually PySide 2 will be available, and that will support Qt 5
(for what that's worth) and presumably Python 3.5+ (which I look
forward to).

Why don't you use a GUI design tool? Better... how can you design a GUI without seeing it? For me it's very difficult to "code the GUI".

Gtk/PyGObject/PyGI

Windows is in no way a first class platform for this, so I wouldn't
use it. (I wouldn't use it on any other platform either: I think the
introspection idea is excellent and wish Qt had done it; but I
personally really dislike the direction Gtk has gone in recent
years.)

Could you explain those... "directions" that you don't like?

Tkinter

This is okay for many simple use cases. However, creating custom
widgets in  Tkinter is non-trivial to say the least (especially compared with
say,PySide or wxPython), and there is no support for _editable_ styled text.
(If someone can prove me wrong I'd be glad to know how to edit text in
Tkinter and toggle bold, italic, underline, super- and sub-script, font
family, font size, and color. I can do most of these - but not all, and
haven't seen any other code that can do them all either. Note that I'm
not talking here about syntax highlighting but rather
word-processor-style styling.)

wxPython

I've heard some people say they use Python 3 + Phoenix successfully.
On the plus side it uses the native widgets so has a native look and feel.
But what I find frustrating is that there are many widgets with
overlapping functionality so it isn't clear which one is the best to use.

For Windows specifically, you could use https://pythonnet.github.io/
This gives you access to the CLR so you should be able to use a lot of
stuff you're familiar with from VB; some of which might even work on Linux
with the Mono runtime.

A completely different cross-platform approach is to use a web browser as
the GUI toolkit. For example:
https://github.com/r0x0r/pywebview + https://github.com/dddomodossola/remi
or https://flexx.readthedocs.io/en/stable/

There are other toolkits too, e.g.,
http://pybee.org/project/projects/libraries/toga/
(but this has very little documentation)

Or

https://kivy.org/#home

And there are more (e.g., libui, IUP, SDL2).

Good luck!