pozz <pozzu...@gmail.com> writes:
> Is there a visual GUI builder for Tkinter?

Not that I know of.  I haven't felt I needed one.  I generally draw my
intended UI on paper and then use the Tk grid layout gadget.

> Could you explain better what do you mean with "industrial-looking
> UI"?

Something that doesn't have the slickness of consumer software.  That
said I've only used it with Python 2.  Python 3 supposedly has a larger
widget collection and can use OS native widgets.

> What can I do and what *can't* I do with Tkinter?

I look at the very carefully tuned and sometimes animated UI's in fancy
desktop applications like Gimp and don't see a way to do similar things
in Tkinter.  Tkinter is ok for simple basic GUIs with text labels,
buttons, an event loop that lets you catch mouse clicks, etc.  Gimp uses
Gtk (I think) and does all kinds of fancy effects that seem difficult
with tkinter, though now that I think about it, they might be doable
with enough effort.

If your Python distro comes with IDLE, give it a try.  IDLE uses Tkinter
and might give you an idea of what to expect.

>> Kivy
> It seems nice.  Does it use the native look&feel on Windows?

I don't know.  I want to try it sometime, but haven't yet.