Hi Jannis,

a good way forward: create less-dynamic COM-bindings by using makepy.py
(it is part of your win32com-client installation, but linked here for the
dokumentation)

https://github.com/SublimeText/Pywin32/blob/master/lib/x32/win32com/client/makepy.py

With makepy py you can create a (very very large) python-file, which
includes rather static bindings to
reachable exposed attributes and methods.

You can then grep or strg+f through that file for "HybridShapes" ... maybe
it is just spelled differently.

Using COM things for > 2 decades, apps run much smoother using the makepy
created files than dynamic dispatch

cheers

Harald

On Sun, Mar 17, 2024 at 7:35 PM Jannis via python-win32 <
python-win32@python.org> wrote:

> Hello together,
>

> I am trying to automate a point cloud creation out of CATParts in CATIA.
> The win32com client can access CATIA documents, but NOT methods and
> attributes in the parts. I get the following error:
>

> File
>
> "C:\Users\th80im\source\repos\PythonPointCloudCreation\PythonPointCloudCreation\PythonPointCloudCreation\py37_env_1\lib\site-packages\win32com\client\dynamic.py",
> line 638, in __getattr__
>      raise AttributeError("%s.%s" % (self._username_, attr))
> AttributeError: <unknown>.HybridShapes
>

> I guess, there is something wrong with the registering of CATIA, or the
> installation of the client? Or am I looking in the wrong direction?
>

> Thank you & Best Regards
>
> ioannis

Harald Armin Massa
Spielberger Straße 49