a previous company also would ping the world atomic clock website to
timebomb the plugin.  if it was past a hard coded date, it would stop
working.
so a combination of that and the IP range would be a great start.  the
atomic clock would lock it into a time frame limited run so if the project
was to go for 8 months, then it would only run till then.  if they need an
extention cause of overrun, then simply charge them for the update

On Fri, Aug 3, 2018 at 4:03 AM <ha...@haggi.de> wrote:

> What about a network mask detection?
>
> Most companies have an intranet, so let's say everything in ip range
> 192.168.9.* is valid all other ip's are invalid. Of course this is not
> rocksolid, but it it easy to implement and give you good start.
>
> Am 2018-08-03 12:38, schrieb Rudi Hammad:
>
> hey,
> I said "delete everything" in the scene has an example. Of course I would
> try to do something that won't damage anything, but just make the plugin
> stop working.
> The reason why I am so concerned is that I had a very a bad experience a
> year and a half ago. I trusted the client with my personal work that took
> me a year of hard work, and he ended up lying to me and giving anyone that
> he wanted all of it.
> That hurt me a lot, and I lost more than 3000 pounds. So I learned from
> that experience. I think it is important to protect your work.
> Thanks for your advice. I 'll try to figure out a clean and none
> destructive way to do it. If I don't, I`'ll consider a license key solution.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/python_inside_maya/b90589675e1c74a088ac088f48132523%40haggi.de
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/python_inside_maya/b90589675e1c74a088ac088f48132523%40haggi.de?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>

Todd Widup
Creature TD / Technical Artist