On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 05:05:27PM +0200, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> In an ideal world, we would all get along together very well, always be
> polite and never end up in huge conflicts. And even if there are conflicts,
> we would always handle each other fair and respectfully. Unfortunately,
> this is not an ideal world and sometimes people forget how to interact with
> each other in a professional and respectful way. Fortunately, this seldom
> happens in the QEMU community, but for such rare cases it is preferrable
> to have a basic code of conduct document available to show to people
> who are misbehaving.  In case that does not help yet, we should also have
> a conflict resolution policy ready that can be applied in the worst case.
>
> The Code of Conduct document tries to be short and to the point while
> trying to remain friendly and welcoming; it is based on the Fedora Code
> of Conduct[1] with extra detail added based on the Contributor Covenant
> 1.3.0[2].  Other proposals included the Contributor Covenant 1.3.0 itself
> or the Django Code of Conduct[3] (which is also a derivative of Fedora's)
> but, in any case, there was agreement on keeping the conflict resolution
> policy separate from the CoC itself.
>
> An important point is whether to apply the code of conduct to violations
> that occur outside public spaces.  The text herein restricts that to
> individuals acting as a representative or a member of the project or
> its community.  This is intermediate between the Contributor Covenant
> (which only mentions representatives of the community, for example using
> an official project e-mail address or posting via an official social media
> account), and the Django Code of Conduct, which says that violations of
> this code outside these spaces "may" be considered but does not limit
> this further.

Since this was derived from the Fedora CoC, you might be interested to
know that Fedora is currently revisiting its CoC:

  https://communityblog.fedoraproject.org/policy-proposal-new-code-of-conduct/

The first comment on that post from mattdm gives clarity as to why they
feel the need to revisit it

Regards,
Daniel