Il mar 13 apr 2021, 18:25 Daniel P. Berrangé <berra...@redhat.com> ha
scritto:

> Since this was derived from the Fedora CoC, you might be interested to
> know that Fedora is currently revisiting its CoC:
>

> https://communityblog.fedoraproject.org/policy-proposal-new-code-of-conduct/
>
> The first comment on that post from mattdm gives clarity as to why they
> feel the need to revisit it

Interesting, thanks. Indeed the changes that I brought over from the
Contributor Covenant (and that were also there, albeit more verbosely, in
the Django code of conduct) have the purpose of making the text more
specific in case "being excellent to each other" just isn't enough. We also
have the separate conflict resolution guide that covers the third point
that Matt made in his post.

Having some confirmation that those things *were* missing from the current
Fedora CoC is good. In fact in the meanwhile I found a few other cases
(such as the Microsoft open source code of conduct,
https://opensource.microsoft.com/codeofconduct/) that merged a less
prescriptive text ultimately derived from Fedora with parts of the
Contributor Covenant, so it looks like others have had the same idea in the
past.

Paolo