> On 17 Jan 2022, at 18:19, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé <f4...@amsat.org> wrote:
>
> The consensus was UI should not be addressed within QEMU itself, but
> via an external helper, eventually using D-Bus. D-Bus support has been
> recently merged:
> https://www.qemu.org/docs/master/interop/dbus.html

Thank you for the info.

I'll review the details when I'll start work on this, and hopefully find a
solution that will be acceptable for upstream.

However, please note that the solution used in qemu-arm-gnuarmeclipse was
highly appreciated, and the use case was very intuitive, simply starting the
emulator brought the graphical window, which looked like this:

- https://eclipse-embed-cdt.github.io

So, if the UI should not be addressed within QEMU itself, the details of
starting the external helper should be transparent for the users.

>> If you think useful, I can contribute the patches back to upstream.
>
> All contributions are welcomed for review. Even if a contribution is
> not merged right away, you can see the mailing list as an archive for
> previous attemps, in case a contributor gets stuck or have to switch
> to another project, someone else can restart / keep working on earlier
> series.

Ok, for now I avoided the problem by reverting to Cocoa, but I might have to
address it in the future.

If someone else needs SDL support on macOS, we can work together to update the
patches I used in qemu-arm-gnuarmeclipse to the new upstream code.

Perhaps we should log a ticket to keep track of the issue.

Regards,

Liviu