Hi

In addition to Martin and Nathan's great replies I can add:

> On 16 Oct 2016, at 6:26 PM, Geo DrinX <geodr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> [Set up] an automatic procedure (antivirus, automatic control sources to
> figure out harmful instructions, etc.) that warns the existence of problems.

This was the first option we looked in to. Do you know of some good tools for
detecting malicious code in python? It is a hard problem to solve and simple
things like preventing shell calls are not productive or effective. In the end
we decided to take a social approach to peer review (which is a completely
different thing to censorship). By the way I am not averse to some limited
censorship of plugins if they go against our code of conduct [1] and diversity
statement [2] for example, I would support banning them. I think any reasonable
community would expect that of us....

[1]
https://www.qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/governance/codeofconduct/codeofconduct.html
[2]
https://www.qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/governance/codeofconduct/diversitystatement.html

A case in point might be a plugin aimed at belittling a particular ethnic group
or gender identification or which otherwise promotes intolerance. Thankfully
such a situation has never arisen. Our friendly non-combative community is
something that makes the QGIS community a joy to participate in. Lets try to
keep that in mind whilst having this discussion too and focus on practical,
achievable solutions if you have concerns.

My best regards

Tim

---

Tim Sutton