Hi to all,

why not have a similar approach to SLYR Community Version and a "Paid"
Version?

Nyall what is your experience of managing your plugin in both ways?

Other tools as lastools and whitetoolbox have similar model, they give open
core tools in their plugins and then if you want to use them all you have a
paid version for tools with support. In the case, of whitetoolbox they
release some of the paid tools based on sponsorship of companies very
similar to SLYR.

Nowadays there are a lot of qgis plugins in https://plugins.qgis.org/ that
use cloud services saying that are "free" ( to install and see source code)
but when the user installs sometimes you need to have a free API Key (limit
resources) or an API Key Subscription.

One of the things that I think that the plugin should have these days is a
metadata flag or the description says that you need to make purchases to
use the plugin.

Please forgive me if I missing some complexing behind this thought and if
I'm wrong on some points and correct me if I said something that is not
right.

Cheers
João Gaspar

Alessandro Pasotti via QGIS-PSC <qgis-...@lists.osgeo.org> escreveu