Sorry I should have stated, I am not including a username and password in the
connection details (as I want to see the layers that are not restricted that
require a username and password), and I am accessing the connection via http.

Chris

From: Luigi Pirelli [mailto:lui...@gmail.com]
Sent: 18 August 2016 08:56
To: Chris Buckmaster
Cc: qgis-user@lists.osgeo.org
Subject: Re: [Qgis-user] QGIS - cached WMS / WFS service feeds?

How did you add user name and pwd in connection setting? Do you use https or
http?

On Thursday, 18 August 2016, Chris Buckmaster
<chris.buckmas...@runnymede.gov.uk<mailto:chris.buckmas...@runnymede.gov.uk>>
wrote:
Hi

I have been adding some authentication to my Geoserver instance so around half
of the layers served through WMS / WFS are now restricted and require a
username and password.

On accessing the services through the WMS / WFS connections in QGIS (2.16.1), I
notice that the ones I changed to require a username and password are still
showing up (although they cannot be added, they are prompted for a username and
password).

It isn’t too much of an issue, but I have set my catalog mode as ‘Hide’ in
Geoserver so presumed they would not show up in the layer list, and was
wondering if QGIS perhaps caches these connections and stores the layer
information that was previously accessible?

Thanks, Chris

--
Luigi Pirelli

* Boundless QGIS Support/Development: lpirelli AT boundlessgeo DOT com
* GitHub: https://github.com/luipir
* Mastering QGIS:
https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/mastering-qgis