Hello,

Caching is sure causing headaches; give a long read to the ongoing thread on this issue: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/strange-GetCapabilities-caching-td5258591.html

I can imagine that your situation is similar.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/

On 2016-08-18 4:51 AM, Chris Buckmaster wrote:
Hi

I have been adding some authentication to my Geoserver instance so
around half of the layers served through WMS / WFS are now restricted
and require a username and password.

On accessing the services through the WMS / WFS connections in QGIS
(2.16.1), I notice that the ones I changed to require a username and
password are still showing up (although they cannot be added, they are
prompted for a username and password).

It isn’t too much of an issue, but I have set my catalog mode as ‘Hide’
in Geoserver so presumed they would not show up in the layer list, and
was wondering if QGIS perhaps caches these connections and stores the
layer information that was previously accessible?

Thanks, Chris