"algorithms" in the Processing plugin.

The Processing plugin needs to know where GRASS is (set in Processing options,
but defaults to bundled GRASS 7), and runs GRASS commands in a separate process
than QGIS (should not crash QGIS).

crash QGIS if there is a bug or build problem).  Running GRASS modules does
need configuration, but this also defaults to the bundled GRASS 7.  There is
also a "general" GRASS option for the GRASS installation path, but this seems
to default to the compiled GRASS location.  You can try setting this to the
QGIS app:

  /Applications/QGIS.app/Contents/MacOS/grass7

If you still get a crash, a copy of the crash log would help figure out what's
wrong.

> On Oct 7, 2016, at 1:30 PM, wkent <wk...@medinaco.org> wrote:
>
> On 2016-09-29 8:45 am, Howard Frederick wrote:
>
>> Recently upgraded to 2.16 - but cannot enable GRASS in the Processing
>> configuration. Any ideas how to make this work?
>> The folder seems to be correctly indicated in the config:
>> /Applications/QGIS.app/Contents/MacOS/grass7
>> This (and alternatives like ending as grass7/ ) give "This algorithm cannot
>> be run :-(".
>> Version: QGIS 2.16.2, on OS X 10.10.5.
>
> Same error here, except running OS X 10.11.6.  It seems to be a path issue,
> although I have not been able to determine where the path is set.
>
> Additionally, while QGIS is able to locate and open my existing GRASS
> locations/mapsets, when I click on a GRASS layer in the browser panel to add
> to the layers panel, QGIS crashes.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Those people who most want to rule people are, ipso-facto, those least suited
to do it."

- A rule of the universe, from the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy