Hello, all,

I created a query for data from OpenStreetMap using overpassturbo.eu. I needed major street, so used the expression highway=primary. The area was a large section of Los Angeles, about 1/6th of the city, the area called South Bay. I got the steeets I need, no problem. But, I also got the street names repeating over and over, because the streets are broken into segments by changes, such as a bridge or a change in speed limit, etc., etc. I am looking for a way to solve this issue, such as editing the data to remove the names from some of these segments. I have opened the data in the "Attributes Table," but I can't seem to edit it there (which would be handy). So, if QGIS does not support editing a data file, is there some other way to do it?
        Thanks!

Charlotte Wolter

Charlotte Wolter
927 18th Street Suite A