Hi Larry -

The python snippet works like a charm on Windows too. I'll wrap a minimalistic python plugin around the snippet with a button and a short-cut. I owe you a large cold beer (actually several :-) . That snippet saved me from digging into a rather large pile of Qgis/PyQT documentation. You'll get the beer(s) when we meet at some FOSS4G or Qgis event..

DelazJ: Yes, I was referring to the "Save as image". I simply couldn't remember the English translation for the menu item (Working with a Danish Qgis)

Karl-Magnus: (regarding snipping tool) - That's exactly what my users presently are doing. But even that is a bit too much work with the mouse and keyboard :-)

Richard: Actually, there already is a feature request for this function (http://hub.qgis.org/issues/10319) . I'll update the existing request. And thank you for the Qgis3 update (You'll get a beer too :-) . If it becomes necessary, I'll update the plugin to 3.0. But I hope that some developer with commit rights will have mercy on me and write this functionality into Qgis 3.0 core.

Regards

Bo Victor Thomsen
Municipality of Frederikssund