Ok -

A very rough, but functional first version of the plugin is now in https://github.com/Frederikssund/QGIS-canvas-to-clipboard/

 * No shortcut
 * No about-box, nice explanations or help text
 * No copyright statements
 * Only one button that create a bitmap of the current map-canvas and
   put into the clipboard

But it works  !

Is it possible that I could get some feedback on how it works on other platforms than Windows from someone(s) with access to Linux and/or Mac?