Hi Malcolm,

Could you forward me separately to the email address below copies of:
- install_log file (should be either in your win1_QDTINST_ folder or more likely in your win1_QDT_ folder (assuming that is where you installed it)?
- qdt.log (should be in your win1_QDT_ folder, same assumption)
- your boot file(s)

Also, any additional notes about your install process would be appreciated.

For the installation, you should run the basic program that came with the install. It should run everything for you, including the unzipping and starting the official installer. The intent is that the three files are self contained. Just by running the basic program, you don't need to know much else.

You might want to go to the QDT website to download the PDF QDT Installer User Manual. It has complete screen shots and lots more detail. It also has a few more user manuals plus errata, FAQs, etc.

http://www.jdh-stech.com There is a link near the top of this page that takes you directly to QDT

contact at jdh-stech dot com For email of any issues or need for support

If anyone else has any problems with this install, please contact me directly as quickly as possible as I am racing to get the final full production release ready.

By the way, the EXIT button only happens at the end of the install itself. The bottom right button is always the next step button, whether it be NEXT, START, or EXIT.

I am really curious why you do not have anything visible on your screen to start with, especially since you are running it on QPC. Perhaps it has to do with the way you started things versus using the automated install from the basic program.

Malcolm, one last thing, where did you get the more recent InfoZip copy?

Last comment for now, it should be Jim, not Tim :)

Have fun,
jim