Just tested against the newer zip/unzip.  Results:

1) can't mix the new unzip with the old zip (IE: separate email to use what came with the demo)

2) non-QDOS extensions - don't know why these were showing up but don't using the newer zip/unzip

3) the newer zip (at least its defaults) is slower to zip but not bad

4) using the new zip/unzip, the only thing that I see is a warning in SBASIC window 0 that the signal extensions were not found.
- this did not impact the installation so can be addressed with a quick note in the readme file (fully verified)
-> much better than having to worry about making the user install extra stuff to run the installer

5) I do a separate check as I copy files from the install directory to the main directory (do this independently for several reasons). If a file is missing, the install will abort with an appropriate message and information in the log file.

Does anyone know why unzip is looking for the signal extensions and what they add? It would be nice to have a copy available or a command line option that would totally avoid this minor inconvenience, especially in this case or for new users. People tend to panic over notes like this ;)

Cheers,
jim