My impression from what I hear about the membership of Quanta, QL Today readership, this list and Tony's mailing list

As he did use his, and therefor nearly all known, it makes the response even sadder.

about 25% of Quanta members are simple black box users with some still using microdrives.

Being then about 6% !

I think you underestimate what was learnt from the survey.

Hardly, as I have seen nout, I had looked at Tony's site for a breakdown as he did all the complex work and could, I expect, turn it into a csv file. I would certainly prefer to see the data rather than a subjective summary.

btw, I would like to know exactly what date the original survey form was placed on the Quanta web site, Tony undertook to tend it on the 20/11/04.

 That is
understandable because there has been little feedback of the results. John
Southern did give a summary at the AGM, and  I hope it can be repeated on
this list and in the Quanta Magazine (hint! hint! John.)

It did give quite a good picture of QL users and Quanta members and in that
sense was a success. Where it was disappointing for Quanta was that it did
not give a clear idea of the type of projects we could support.

BTW, David, for someone who professes to have a pathological hatred for
Quanta you seem to take an obsessive interest in our affairs. It's almost
like having a stalker ;-).

Hatred is much too energetic, but certainly none or less respect.

OK, none of my bizz ! You have already said that, but thankfully the QL is not just QUANTA. Years ago I attended a Cambridge QL group, one that did NOT affiliate ! We were privileged tor frequent attendance of J,S & L particularly when Minerva was under development. And even occasional visits from THE man himself, TT - A votre bon sante mon vieux !

In those times (around DOS 3 to 5) it was thought to be safer and practical to run DOS progs with Conqueror, did a little of that myself. When Windows became available one could still make the boast that the Ql had such an environment , POINTER & WMAN in a mere 35kilobytes !

Even though the Quantum leaper fell flat on it's face at the starting blocks it still managed to keep ahead of the PC for some years, but it is time to acknowledge the winner and join the real world. I have seen so many digs at "WINDOZE" , ill appropriate for this realm that has so many glitches and failures of it's own.

So my visit here has not been as informative as I would have hoped, time to move on.

DT