David Tubbs wrote:
> Hatred is much too energetic, but certainly none or less respect.
>
> OK, none of my bizz ! You have already said that, but thankfully the QL is
> not just QUANTA. Years ago I attended a Cambridge QL group, one that did
> NOT affiliate  ! We were privileged tor frequent attendance of J,S & L
> particularly when Minerva was under development. And even occasional
> visits from THE man himself, TT - A votre bon sante mon vieux !

The ZX80 Users' Club in Kingston upon Thames was independent of the
ZX81 umbrella group which published Interface, I wonder why?

> In those times (around DOS 3 to 5) it was thought to be safer and
> practical to run DOS progs  with Conqueror, did a little of that myself.
> When Windows became available one could still make the boast that the  Ql
> had such an environment , POINTER & WMAN in a mere 35kilobytes !
>
> Even though the Quantum leaper fell flat on it's face at the starting
> blocks it still managed to keep ahead of the PC for some years, but it is
> time to acknowledge the winner and join the real world. I have seen so
> many digs at "WINDOZE" , ill appropriate for this realm that has so many
> glitches and failures of it's own.

I am not sure this is the place to be advocating UNIX & UNIX clone systems,
the winner as you put it :-), even though it runs on the Q40, Q40i and Q60.

> So my visit here has not been as informative as I would have hoped,
> time to move on.

Please stay.
--
                       Tarquin Mills (Chairman)
ACCUS (Anglia Classic Computer Users Society)