P Witte wrote:
> I suppose all this is seriously off-topic ;) However, Id love to get
> it going, as I dont find any of the cracked QL versions playable for
> a variety of reasons (most of them just crash).

Hm, my QL version works just fine. Too good, actually, I can't beat
it. But then it's not really my area of expertise ;-)

> Thing is, the DOS version plays alright, but it doesnt seem to have
> a valid font; all text characters just show up as the same squiggle

Strange, no problems here either.

BTW, looks like Richard Lang is still doing chess software. Amazing
that he wrote almost all his engines in Assembler. He also programmed
the popular "Mephisto" stand alone boards (also 68000 processors).
Pretty cool.

Marcel