On 3 Apr 2007, at 12:40, dan volvo wrote:

>    ii) The sound of the modem 'clicking' and the led lights flashing.
>       If the relay in the modem clicks and the lights flash, you're
> in business.

I think I have a power problem, in that I get the Modem "chattering"
with the LEDs for the line acitivity flickering, nothing from the
monitor, and no bars/power/POST of any kind apparent on the OPD itself.

If I can try either a new lead in my current OPD Medium-Res display
(it's been modified to be a QL monitor with the power line detached
at both ends and an 8-PIN DIN connector fitted) or have another way
of powering up the OPD (mostly, I need the connector to the OPD),
then I can verify my base unit/modem works (as it had been for
several days quite happily) and I'll gladly pay a TV engineer to
refurbish my OPD mono display. Full capacitor replacement!

It was a bit "wobbly" when powered up - ripples on the display - so I
suspect that may have been a sign of incoming PSU failure.

Are there any boards other than the large Microvitec one in the
colour display? I think the OPD must take 12V from there, but I'd
like to be certain - there's an unused connector on the 240V cables
inside.

Richard

--
Tasty Other - Because Far Too Much in Life Makes Sense
Music for download - coming soon (RIP MP3.com)