On 3 Apr 2007, at 16:59, dan volvo wrote:

> Hi Richard
>
> Yes, you're right, it might be the C10 capacitor in your monitor.
> If this fails, the screen compacts or goes wobbly,
> even though the OPD base unit usually runs OK.
>
> I will dig out the details of my engineer friend to see what he
> charges,
> as I've nervous about the high (10 - 25Kv) charges in CRT monitors!
>
> Other tips :
>  =========
>
>  You could try the following with the monitor switched on and OPD
> attached :
>   - Adjust the contrast bar a few times until you see a clear picture
>   - Press the 'standby' button a few times with the monitor on

Pressing the "standby" button results in a chattering OPD -
otherwise, it's silent with the phone lines pulled high and no video
output.

I'm going to check for pinouts. Voltages don't scare me (used to work
on Macs), but I rarely have time to mess with repairing kit these days!

Richard

--
Tasty Other - Because Far Too Much in Life Makes Sense
Music for download - coming soon (RIP MP3.com)