Evening Dave,

> QT might produce a portable result, but it is much harder to program.
Well, I like it but I have to admit to not programming in .net (any
language) so I can't really compare.

It's a wee bit harder than Borland C++ Builder, for instance, but I like
it. I have a couple of program running under QT on Windows (if I must!)
and Linux - and the source code is exactly the same.

I'm not an expert by any means though.

I did try Fox Toolkit and wxWindows aka wxWidgets (Microsoft got
stroppy!) and of the three I liked wxWidgets under wxDev-C++ which was
so like Delphi it was quite strange!

But that can't be run on Linux (wxDev-C++) so I went (back) to QT.

Cheers,
Norman.