arnold.cla...@talk21.com wrote, On 9/11/09 17:57:
I have attempted to unplug a couple of items and clean and reinsert them on the
SGC. I switched the machine on and I got the tweed display and a message that
the real time was at fault, the hard drive and cdrom followed by the dots and
then the screen goes blank.
I have tried it several times.
This sounds better.  I guess this is with Aurora,

Try first with a std QL and nothing connected to SGC.
If that works, try with Aurora with the hard disk disconnected.
It could be that your boot program is crashing the QL.

Tony

--
QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:257/67) +44(0)1442-828255
t...@firshman.co.uk http://firshman.co.uk Voice: +44(0)1442-828254 Fax: +44(0)1442-828255 Skype: tonyfirshman