Tony Firshman wrote:
arnold.cla...@talk21.com wrote, On 11/11/09 15:47:
When I remove Qubide everything works fine using the floppy disk to boot up. when reconnect Qubide it starts normal routine but when it restart with Smsq, it stops at the first dot of the initialization dot. I have another hard disk and it is the same with that.

Did you try qubide with no hard disk connected, as I suggested?
If OK try without a 'boot' file. If you still get a locked up QL then (of course) it is qubide that is faulty.

Anyone any suggestions on how he can investigate qubide?
All I can suggest is he cleans legs of socketed chips.
It could be a dodgy gal, I suppose.

Tony

No suggestions - I have a set of v2 ROM chips which Arnold could try....

--
Rich Mellor
RWAP Services

http://www.rwapsoftware.co.uk