Op Mon, 03 Jan 2011 16:03:01 +0100 schreef Dilwyn Jones <dil...@evans1511.fsnet.co.uk>:

Urs Koenig (QL) wrote, on 3/Jan/11 13:07 | Jan3:
Since Jan 1st I pay CHF 125 per month for 20'000kbit Internet Access, 150
Digital TV channels on my TV and any Internet device, free
phonecalls to all Swisscom customers.
http://www.swisscom.ch/res/kombi-angebote/vivocasa4/index.htm?languageId=en

What are QLers all over the world pay for similar services? Just to get a
feeling of how expensive Switzerland is...

I have Digi-TV, fixed phone and 25Mb "unlimited" Internet from my analog Cable TV provider UPC for 45 euros so I mostly pay under 50 per month, including phone use. In case of a cable failure I still have my prepaid mobile phone, which I seldom use. Often the speed is not up to the claim and I have never tested the "unlimited" boundaries. Of course I can spend more if I use the TV on demand options now available but more TV means less time QL'ing. :D

Few countries have been cabled as densely as the Netherlands and the 3 major providers have so far exclusive access to their own network.
They recently won a court case confirming this.

Most other providers try to lure you with cheap offers for 6 or 12 month but after that period the cost comes to about the same or more, including a landline for the ADSL, which, I am told, is not as fast as the cable can go (120Mb).

Don't get me started on this!

While the service has been reliable in the sense of very rarely
failing completely, my big bugbear with Orange is my experience of
their overseas call centres for tech support and in particular their
inability to understand my complaints about getting on just under 25%
of the advertised speed AT BEST!

It could be cheaper to switch every 6/12 month but reading about the problems this gives, it's only for the brave.

The son of a famous Dutch comedian had problems with his phone. The provider kept promising but not delivering, not answering e-mails and calls for month. Then his father put a rant on Twitter, which resulted in tens of thousands of reactions from other victims and a call from a t-mobile executive promising to solve his case. This really pissed him off. As a result there was a huge media exposure and he brought out a magazine with the best horror stories from his followers about the help-desk horror that is widespread among providers.

Personally I have only called them on a few occasions, with good result. I guess I am lucky.

Bob

--
Gemaakt met Opera's revolutionaire e-mailprogramma: http://www.opera.com/mail/