On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 11:07 AM, Bryan Horstmann <b...@newlan.org> wrote:

> On 17/02/2011 04:53, Bryan Horstmann wrote:
> <snip>
>
>  Young folk will often be interested in games, which I cannot help with.  I
>> did have a contact from a chap who had re-visited Spectrum by way of
>> emulator.  He knew of the QL and wanted to find out more, but would probably
>> rely on emulation.  He took away a year's old Quanta to go through, but
>> looking through one with me, he couldn't understand what was being referred
>> to by name.  Now, there have recently been enquiries "who is interested in a
>> backplane".  I don't know what a backplane is, and QLwiki is no help;
>> similarly for Aurora - what is it?  We must ensure that beginners (and even
>> long-time users like myself) can easily find out what is being talking
>> about, without risking ridicule by asking.
>>
>> Bryan
>>
>>  I'm sorry folk for the duplication;  Thuderbird said earlier that it
> couldn't sent this, but it obviously did.

It's fine, Bryan. Some comments are worth reading twice.

Some old members of the community do return, but that will be an ever
shrinking number - we do need new users.

That said, we do not present ourselves very well. Old, expired websites in
the 90s style. Dead links. The older hardware and software is not sometimes
very inspiring.

All things we can do something about.

Dave