BryanHorstmann wrote, on 18/Feb/11 09:42 | Feb18:
On 17/02/2011 08:14, Lee Privett wrote:
Might want to take a gander at some QL add-ons from this site, makes
interesting viewing, some of them I wouldn't mind getting but alas!

http://www.binarydinosaurs.co.uk/museum/sinclair/ql/addons.php

Lee

<snip>
The cognoscenti come up with useful information spread around, showing
that there are a bewildering number of "backplanes"; how could a
newcomer easily find this?

I still don't know what sort of backplane the original enquiry, asking
who would buy one, referred to. I must admit that this is an academic
exercise, as I wouldn't expect to buy one anyway.

There is really only one 'backplane' - a device that adds extra expansion plugs to the QLs expansion connector (sometimes called 'J1' as that is its label on QL circuit diagrams).

Dave has not decided exactly what his backplane will look like.
In all probability he will just build some Mplanes from component stock I have - http://tfs.firshman.co.uk/ql/mplane.htm

Tony
--
QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:257/67) +44(0)1442-828255
       t...@firshman.co.uk     http://firshman.co.uk