From: "Dilwyn Jones" <dil...@evans1511.fsnet.co.uk>
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2011 8:16 PM
To: <ql-us...@q-v-d.com>
Subject: Re: [Ql-Users] The Spring 2011 QL Survery

If Dave can keep his survey deadline going, I'd be happy to write something for the next Quanta mag (too late for this one) to invite members who ain't on this list to complete the survey.

I don't think we should worry about this survey closing on 28th February. Dave has indicated there will be more surveys and that he has learnt a lot from this one.

We need to co-ordinate the next survey better. Rich has already indicated we can use his customer list to contact people outside this list. The only problem is that we don't repeat the mistake Quanta made when they had their first survey. About 40% of respondents were non-Quanta members, but Quanta made no effort to publish the results to them. (The other mistake Quanta made was not doing anything with the survey. No one on the committee saw this as being important other than John Mason and myself. John gave me a lot of encouragement in my efforts to do something about it.)

I am doubtful of the role the magazines can have in a survey because of the lengthy periods between publication. (On another issue, for example, QL Today missed out on news of the QL Forum which came in just as we were about to go to press. Jochen managed to squeeze in just one sentence.) I suspect we will only be able to conduct any survey online,

Best Wishes,

Geoff