Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2011 1:19 AM
To: ql-us...@q-v-d.com
Subject: Re: [Ql-Users] QL2K on Windows 7

I had this problem awhile back with the same request, alas no solution presented itself, save running in administrator mode

On 22 Aug 2011, at 20:16, Dilwyn Jones wrote:

I am having some problems getting QL2K build 101 to work on Windows 7 64 bit. I installed the full build, then added the update files for each version until the most recent.

I have installed the 64-bit Windows version QL2K-x64.exe and when I try to run this I get a brief flash of the round egg-timer icon then nothing, no error, no nothing. It just fails to start.

I can of course get the 32-bit version to work on Windows XP OK. I also got QPC2 and Q-emuLator working OK on both systems of course.

Anyone with any experience of installing the 64-bit version with any handy hints and tips for the installation?

Dilwyn Jones (breaking [in] a Windows 7 64 bit PC)