What I meant is that the $$heap directive only goes to 512K.
Qlib will obviously claim more if needed.

Ah OK, sorry, didn't get that.

FORGET THE ABOVE RESULT.
I tweaked the basic again and could not repeat this result because the
original was lost.
There must have been a mistake, so I reconstructed it and now come to
about 9.15MiB (JOBS).

Could let us have the source of the reconstructed prog here?

The changes suggested by George result in 12.69MiB, still a lot but less
then the original.

But still ,they shouldn't be necessary.
The reason I use 0,0 at first is that you can't have a local variable that you don't identify as an array immediately (by "DIMming" it) and still use it as an array later.

(...)

The last dimmed array (9001,40) is only about 380KiB, so 760KiB if we
include temparray$.
Well, actually, since I dim temparray$ to 0 at the end, it should have gone, too....

Could it be that Qlib behaves differently beyond its original boundary
of 512KiB?

I don't know.

Wolfgang