On 1 Apr 2013, at 16:38, Wolfgang Lenerz wrote:

>> Turbo cannot choose the dataspace which might be needed in a program it is
>> compiling.
>
>> You can either choose a specific dataspace on compilation or increase it
>> after compilation.
>
> From within my (basic or compiled) program?
>
> If not, Turbo would be unsuitable for what I'd want to achieve.

The TURBO_TK command DATA_AREA can be used in a basic program to set the
dataspace. The number following DATA_SPACE is the required amount in kilobytes.

>> Yes. Turbo won't compile a program unless the program resides, tokenised, in
>> the master basic area.
> Ah OK. Can't it handle Qsaved progs?

The program to be compiled must be loaded into ram under Job 0. A Qsaved
program would first have to be loaded there before Turbo will compile it.

Does QLIB compile directly from a file?

George