On 03/01/2014 10:04, Derek Stewart wrote:
Hi Geoff,

I like your web site, no problems with Firefox and PDF plugins, but I am using Linux.

Regards,

Derek

Thanks for the compliment.

Since the closure of QL Today I have had a 50% increase in hits on my news page. It happened suddenly and sharply in September and has remained stable since then. I think this indicates there is a demand for online news. Quanta would be advised to get its news service back online ASAP.

On Thursday and Friday 40 people accessed the Last Five Years article, which is very encouraging. I have been keeping very quiet about the changes to the news page, but watching the statistics carefully. The in depth articles are popular.

In my last QL Today piece I suggested we needed an in depth website, but only one person reacted (hartelijk bedankt, Bob!) . I still think there is a place for online articles if anyone is interested.

If we work hard we can make the 30th QL year something to be proud of as Dave Park suggested,

Best Wishes,

Geoff

www.gwicks.net/justwords.html