I installed a few CMS systems offline at sinclairql.com to try them out,
and honestly, wordpress came out as the simplest and best. I will make it a
mission to get that all up and running during Jan/Feb. Then, anyone who
wants to become an editor can do so.

Also, there will be some new hardware this year - SDHC interfaces coming
out of Germany, and other things from other places.... If you're not a
Quanta member, you might want to join this year. I know of one outfit that
will be offering subscription covering discounts on hardware to Quanta
members....

On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 10:53 AM, Geoff Wicks <gtwi...@btinternet.com> wrote:

> On 03/01/2014 10:04, Derek Stewart wrote:
>
>> Hi Geoff,
>>
>> I like your web site, no problems with Firefox and PDF plugins, but I am
>> using Linux.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Derek
>>

> Thanks for the compliment.
>
> Since the closure of QL Today I have had a 50% increase in hits on my news
> page. It happened suddenly and sharply in September and has remained stable
> since then. I think this indicates there is a demand for online news.
> Quanta would be advised to get its news service back online ASAP.
>
> On Thursday and Friday 40 people accessed the Last Five Years article,
> which is very encouraging. I have been keeping very quiet about the changes
> to the news page, but watching the statistics carefully. The in depth
> articles are popular.
>
> In my last QL Today piece I suggested we needed an in depth website, but
> only one person reacted (hartelijk bedankt, Bob!) . I still think there is
> a place for online articles if anyone is interested.
>
>  If we work hard we can make the 30th QL year something to be proud of as
> Dave Park suggested,
>
> Best Wishes,
>

> Geoff
>
> www.gwicks.net/justwords.html