Marcel Kilgus wrote:

> Actually I have dabbled with VHDL in University and would love to do
> more with FPGAs, but no, I have enough pet projects going as it is.
> Perhaps in another life ;-)

HDL *and* 68K emulation experience would indeed be the perfect
combination. Maybe something for the next Kilgus generation :)

> I remember tracing thousands of lines side by side with a real QL to
> catch the remaining differences. But it did pay off, in the 18 years
> since the first release only a handful bugs have been found in the
> emulation core, most by George Gwilt. You should send him a board ;-)

Nice that you remind me ;) When I met George a few years ago, the Q68
still had no trace exception, so it didn't seem to make much sense.

In general I was considering to make a few boards, even with the CPU
still buggy. Not sure, but the Q68 migth already be a worthwhile toy for
some. For example, BASIC and QL Chess run :)

With lots of luck, it could also be that SMSQ/E works better on the Q68
than TK2 plus PE, simply because coding is different. As long as no CPU
bugs are triggered, it would probably be easy to port for someone who is
familiar with SMSQ/E. (QDOS Classic took me one day.) If someone is
seriously interested, please contact me.

Peter