Hi Dilwyn,

On 29-02-2024 19:05, Dilwyn Jones via Ql-Users wrote:

I might agree with that, were it not for the fact that there has been
no issue whatsoever with running SMSQ/E on it (apart from the fact I
have to configure it not to try to do fast SD card access).

Anyway, once Derek has been able to reprogram it, we'll know if it's
the software version or something else.

I'm curious as to how you have connected the keyboard to the Q68. Is it keyboard only or keyboard + mouse via a spiltter? When I use a splitter and connect the keyboard to the corresponding connector on the spiltter, the Q68 freezes at the boot loader screen even if the mouse is not connected. I have to reverse keyboard and mouse plugs to make it work. Of course this has no relationship with Minerva or SMSQ/E (which hasn't even started up yet) but it might have something to do with interrupts or firmware (which I'm not familiar with, it's Peter's design).

Also, you might check if the 5V power supply is sufficiently stable (the Q68 itself runs at 3V but the keyboard at 5V).

I've got a reply today from Mark, he still has the freeze issue you describe so you're not the only one with this problem.

Best Regards,
Jan