Ive had QPC2v2 a couple of weeks now. Considering the major changes both to
the emulator and to the OS, its amazing that it all still works ;) On the
emulator side, the DOS device is a blessing, though it shows up our own file
system's much-lamented inadequacy. The windowing facility is not one I'll
use much (it also crashes on my machine when changing between windowed and
full-screen). When I get a 19" monitor I may reconsider. QPCv2 is noticably
faster,
which comes in handy with the extra data SMSQ/E2.98 has to push around.

Not all things changed for the better, though: I cant seem to multitask
properly with
Windoze (W2k) anymore. It also crashes more easily, like "JMON 0" crashes
straight out back into Windoze. Other things I safely used to do before, now
zap QPC so hard it takes even Windoze a couple of seconds to figure out its
gone. Dont quite know whats going on yet.. Anyone else with similar
experiences?

Perhaps you think Ive said my say on the colour drivers? No? Well, then Ill
go on to say:
Its great to view Granny and the kids on the QL, but even on my "700Mhz" QPC
the kids are catching far too fast up with Granny for that to be much fun.
You need
at least a Q40 for True color and that to be viable; anything less is a bit
like a black VW Beetle pulling a rainbow circus caravan (maybe an idea for a
logo?)
The memory demands alone knock out a GC, and leave even a SGC fairly
crippled.
(Of course, all that will matter less over time, but it may be rather a
long time in coming.) For day-to-day use 16 or 256 colours would have been
sufficient. (Max as many as you can name by name, might be a sensible
cut-off point!) With one increment to go in v2, what better way to celebrate
than
with complementing the range? Then we'll be all set for SMSQ/E v3.00!

All in all, QPC2v2 + SMSQ/E really rock! (Might be worth buying a PC just to
run a copy ;)

Per