At 05:09 ìì 29/1/2001, you wrote:
>All in all, QPC2v2 + SMSQ/E really rock! (Might be worth buying a PC just to
>run a copy ;)

They do work rather nice I have to admit. Buy a PC for it? I don't think
so. In order to ever remotely catch up the speed of a Q40 (not to mention
Q60). PCs must run at 1.7 GHz AT-LEAST. For people that cannot get a Q40
and DO OWN a PC (or are still waiting for one as me yes... it is a viable
remedy). Don't get me wrong. QPC is a great product... stable and
userfriendly...but it's not a QL. Not by far.
To get a PC only for SMSQ/E...well to put it nicely it doesn't make any sense!
My Athlon (750 MHz, GeForce 2 - 64Mb DDR, 256 Megs RAM) PC is still a long
way until it works like a Q40. And cost-wise? My computer system exceeds
3000$ (around 3000-some Euros). Can you get a Q40 at that price? Hell yeah!
Maybe 4 Q40s (one for every room!)
My only question is why since we QLers always want "dream machines" when
one comes along... we look the other way?
Last QL Today issue not a single mention in ads for it. Why? Shouldn't we
support Peter? I say yes. Support Marcel? Definately yes.
But don't confuse the viability of SMSQ/E with the availability of
emulators. QPC is a very good solution to keep things going in the QL
scene.... but it's not the solution for development.
If we reverted to SMSQ/E why should we use an emulator and not make a
native version of it?

You know what I mean.... and of course I don't want to offend nobody, that
goes without saying.
BUT THINK people!

Phoebus

P.S. I'm back