>The Q60 is a success, no two ways about that. The entire first batch
>is almost sold out from what Dennis and Derek told me, so we are
>probably better off getting all of this off our chests then forgetting
>about it and see the positives to come out of it, namely that Peter
>and D & D Systems have a good product which seems to be selling well.
>The loan Q60 I had from D&D for a while has now gone back to them and
>I shall miss it. Brilliant piece of kit. Although I didn't get time to
>use it as much as I'd have liked while it was here, I did use it
>enough to know that it never once crashed (apart from my programming
>mistakes), was wonderfully fast to use and had some nice software on
>it - preinstalled commercial quality software being a bit of a new
>idea on QL-compatibles.
I have no intention of rubbishing any of the product and I wish D&D all
the success possible,. I am glad to see new platforms happening. I only
raised my problems with Peter because it was beginning to appear that he
was the martyr being nailed to the cross of the SMSQ licence deal and I
was not going to let us all be cast in a bad light because of it.
>Accordingly, by all means get this off your chests lads, but don't
>forget also that the Q60 is such a wonderful system when you actually
>get to use it!
My reply was an open and frank statement of what happened between us. I
suspect we both wound each other up and I fully admit that, because he
decided to take me to court for a ridiculously small amount of money
that I would have given him had he been even slightly civil about it (
one of the Q40s that Tony supplied him with at the end of the deal did
not work so he sent it back and accused me of trying cheat him again), I
made him go through the whole hoop before paying him. No I won't take
him to court for libel although I should. As far as I am concerned it is
all closed.

By the way D&D apply to be SMSQ resellers because you do need to do
that.
--
Roy Wood
Q Branch, 20 Locks Hill Portslade. Sussex. BN41 2LB. UK