Hi John,

> I'm not saying it's your fault. On the other hand, my QMake
> documentation does not say anything about the version of QMac that is
> required/supported.

Oh, it says you should use it together with the latest version of
Quanta assembler, because older versions don't support all the
features. I cannot really expect that Quanta has not updated
their copies for over 4 years, sorry. That's REALLY something
one can't expect. Anyway, I should state explicitly that 1.06 or
higher is required, to avoid confusion in the future.

> Also, it seems rather odd that a third party (JMS) can supply a more
> recent version of the GST/Quanta Macro Assembler than Quanta can!

Indeed, indeed. But I was not involved too much in this anyway.
There was a discussion between Bernd and Phil Borman, and all
I remember was me asking Quanta to update the disks - 'cause
every time I got an assembler from them and looked at the disk
it was outdated.

> Assuming Quanta can't help, would you be able to update my copy at
> Byfleet?

I'm sure we can sort something out together with Quanta.

Regards    Jochen