Hi Jerome,

I am happy to hear that you are updating this - I use it extensively for my hi-color sprites for QDT.

Some comments, in addition to those given,

1) I believe that, when redrawing after picking a color, this seems to also be very slow as it does the grids
- perhaps it could be sped up
- could you also do a stand alone color picker that stays open all the time (separate window or a sub-window that can switch)

2) I haven't quite figured out what you use for your color palette choices
- perhaps you could look at it some more to give a wider range of colors (more on the darker end would be nice
. I am redefining my QDT color icon mapping and am using the web standard colors to define 216 of them - this gives a very nice range

3) Marcel mentioned a speed up in the sprite preview draw
- I had serious issues with this and did two things to my icon drawer for QDT that made it literally 'transparent'
. when changing a single pixel, I only change the corresponding pixel in the preview window
. I ended up hand assembly coding the full draw routine - even with 'C' it was terribly slow
. I removed most of the floating point conversions where possible ('C' had a fine time converting back and forth many, many times - at least unoptimized; have no idea how basic does this)
. I used block draws for all pixel and block drawing
. this uses integer arithmetic
. it also avoids the 'translation' done by the pixel drawing and does a direct draw (much faster to draw a dot with the block call than an individual pixel, if you don't need the translation/window resizing built into the pixel drawing)

And thanks for this program, as I said, it has been very useful (even without a manual [sorry, couldn't help myself :) ].

Cheers,
Jim