Την Thu, 7 Aug 2003 20:09:25 +0200,ο(η) Marcel Kilgus <ql- [EMAIL PROTECTED]> έγραψε/wrote:

Phoebus R. Dokos wrote:
It was, but If you remember more thorough examination proved that it
wasn't the case.

Well, you said that as soon the driver is loaded the machine crashes.

That was the first observation back in the day, but at that point I had those weird GALs that Nasta had made for me and they weren't exactly working :-)

The fact that the hardware works with SMSQ/E 2.91 but not with
anything higher is a pretty strong indicator that it is a software
problem (it does by the way not prove that it is a SMSQ/E problem).
The fact that some drives still work while others don't might point to
a timing problem. But I'd expect that one to be within the driver
then.

Well after shortening the cable EVERY possible combination works now. I have tried a wide array of drives without a hitch. (from 127 Megs to 20 Gig)

Anyway, I don't have the hardware (yet), so those are all speculations solely based on my observations and your tests.

That was the original assumption if you remember, however after the show I did a lot of tests and I wrote that text that I sent you (the 3rd one actually;-)

That I can answer.

Doh!

Then do it ;-))) I love exploiting typos.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]@#$^%#$ :-) (No typo, just cursing myself ;-)

OK, I'm off to a beer garden now. The only sensible thing one can do in this heat.

Hehe, drink a Weiss for me then :-)

Marcel

-- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/