[EMAIL PROTECTED] schrieb:

> On 23 Sep 2003 at 13:28, Derek Stewart wrote:
>
> > Sernet works on all SMSQ/E systems and also non-SMSQ/E
> systems with SIMSER.
> >
> > On a QL with Superhermes, you will have to use SER1 or
> SER2. The superhermes SER3 failed to connect on my serial
> network. I think is is a limitation of the SER3 device
> driver. And if it did work it would only be 57600 baud
> >
> > Q60 to QPC2 is no problem connects first time with a
> standard null modem cable from Maplins Electronics or any
> good electronics shop. Connection speed is 115200 baud.
> >
> > Derek
> >

> Same here.
> Same between Q60 & Atari, QPC & Atari.
>
> Wolfgang
I had it working between ATARI and QPC without any trouble,
and Q40 and ATARI too. As I had a 4-ser card in the Q40
(of which only 2 worked properly due to interrupt problems)
I had to fiddle a bit to see which of the two worked without
problems, and used the one without interrupts for the mouse.

I also managed 115k data rates between all machines,
and they worked fine.

I guess it is a cable problem in most cases - you can
easily try connecting the two machines with your "nul modem
cable" and start QTPI on both systems. If you see on the
other machine what you typed on one system and vv, then
the cable is correct.
It was not working here in most cases where problems
were reported to me, so blaming SERNET for that is a bit
unfair.

If you then have a working connection, and you were able to transfer
data at higher rates using ZMODEM (for example) both ways, then
SERNET was working too.

Regards   Jochen
          • ... Dilwyn Jones
        • ... Fabrizio Diversi