In a message dated 04/10/03 01:57:08 GMT Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Epson stylus colour 850. Beats the LX80 hands down, George. The speed is up
and the decibels are down. Epson ink is more expensive than Dom Pérignon and
doesnt taste as good, but generics are available at 1/4 of the price.

Per
But I have trained TRA and Perfection to print on my ancient Epson. It would take too long to try and reset these! Noise doesn't worry me too much nowadays (for obvious reasons given my state of EARS). Does the 850 allow you to design new characters? I remember once getting the LX80 to print integral signs and a greek delta.

For letters (correspondance of course) I use a JUKI daisywheel 6100.

BTW I find that SMSQ/E v3.01, or Q40, or something,  has stopped me being able to change printers in Perfection. To print the same document on the Epson and the JUKI I have to load it into two different versions of Perfection appropriately configured. Hmm. Does anyone else have this difficulty?

George
              • ... Tony Firshman
              • ... Marcel Kilgus
              • ... gwicks