On 17 Jan 2004 at 13:41, gwicks wrote:

> Indeed the response has been disappointing.

As is usually the case.

> Just 4 replies to a possible
> Eindhoven event, and 3 of those were "business" replies on specific matters.
>
> The present Eindhoven situation is that we are now waiting for Sin-QL-Air to
> have a committee meeting to determine their program for this year. When we
> know the date of their first meeting Jochen and I will go to discuss QL2004
> with them. Only then can we decide finally if it goes ahead.

OK, so the matter seems out of our hand there.

> At the moment Jochen and I are thinking of a "nostalgia" show. The idea is
> to make this a reunion of current and ex-QLers so that we can meet old
> friends and show them how the QL has advanced in the last few years - QPC,
> Q60, colour drivers - we have enough to boast about and maybe we could
> persuade some to return. The advantage of this format is that a similarly
> themed show in the UK would not clash provided we can co-operate on dates.

I remain sceptic about the return to the fold idea - but it certainly is
worth a try.

> As I have said twice before all suggestions are welcome.

A simple suggstion if we go the nostalgia route is to ask people to bring as
much of their old stuff as possible, just to show the evolution.

> In the meantime as
> soon as I have definite information and, most importantly, a date I will
> keep people informed via this list,

Super, thanks for all the work you put into this!

Wolfgang
  • ... AlbrtNew
    • ... Wolfgang Lenerz
      • ... gwicks