Hi Norbert,

I _assume_ that http://www.ijg.org/ is the best place to get the libjpeg source. There seem to be many forks out.
At least this is where https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libjpeg points to.
Don't know where all the Linux distros get it from.

What has to be done to add libjpeg to the Windows version
- check that http://www.ijg.org/ is the right place to get the source
- evaluate the license
- assess the build process: ensure that everything fits together
- test the feature using libjpeg (no idea which)
- document the build process
  https://bitbucket.org/maproom/qmapshack/wiki/BuildWindowsVisualStudio
- Update the credentials file
  https://bitbucket.org/maproom/qmapshack/raw/tip/msvc_64/3rdparty.txt
- Update the installer scripts
  https://bitbucket.org/maproom/qmapshack/src/tip/msvc_64/copyfiles.bat

https://bitbucket.org/maproom/qmapshack/src/tip/msvc_64/QMapShack_Installer.nsi
I hope that I caught everything - not 100% sure

In the best case that's just time consuming.
I would normally add this to my bucket of proving the Windows binary installers to the community. Based on my current load, I expect to finish that earliest during the next weekend. If anybody is faster: feel free to go ahead.

@Oliver: Or did this dependency maybe slip in accidently and we could remove it again? Maybe jpeg can just be handled by functions already included in Qt?

Best regards,

Helmut