On Sun, Jul 30, 2000 at 09:42:53PM +0600, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 27, 2000 at 06:19:00PM +0200, Peter van Dijk wrote:
>
> > I have considered a similar change, having 2 maildirsmtp's running, one for
> > mails under 32kbyte, one for bigger mails. That would do too.
>
> > Looking at how maildirsmtp works, this shouldn't be that hard.
>
> Thanks for your reply,
>
> What do you suggest ?
> a script to move the larger mail into a seperate IP and then login
> to that IP and get the bigger mail at night ?
> or have you something else in mind.

When you run 'maildirsmtp', that in turn runs maildirserial which runs
tcpclient which runs serialsmtp.

Changing maildirsmtp's operation to, for  example, handling bigger messages
in a separate thread, would only require patching/replacing maildirserial
to spawn two tcpclient+serialsmtp's instead of one. Filtering at delivery
seems useless to me because that would mean you spread your mail over 2
Maildirs.

Greetz, Peter.
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - Peter van Dijk [student:developer:ircoper]